PROCLAMATION TO PROVIDE FOR THE
OF THE ETHIOPIAN ROADS AUTHORITY
WHEREAS, it has become necessary to re-establish the
Ethiopian Roads Authority;
NOW, TfIEREFORE, in accordance with Article 55(1) of
the Constitution of the Federal Democratic Republic of
Ethiopia, it is hereby proclaimed as follows:
1. Short Title
This Proclamation may be cited as the' 'Ethiopian
Roads Authority Re-establishment Proclamation No.
in this proclamation:
1) "Highway" means a road designated as highway
by the Ethiopian Roads Authority.
2) "State" means a State specified under Article 47
of the Constitution of the Federal Democratic
Republic of Ethiop,ia.
3) "Road" means highway or any other road classified
and disignated as part of the national road
network and includes bridge on those roads.
4) "Road Fund" means the Fund established under
Proclamation No. 66/1997.
5) "Works" means undertaking of the construction,
maintenance and improvement activities.